Track Rubber For 675

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by kiloechoxray, Apr 16, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kiloechoxray

kiloechoxray Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Houston Texas
    So I got a spare set of wheels for the Daytona 675 so I can use them exclusively for the track. I used to use Bridgestone BT016s when I did track days on my '08 CBR1K. But its been a few years and that bike got sold.

So new (to me) bike, rusty track skills... I'm wanting to get some opinions on best tires for track for this bike. Any thoughts are most appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    If you liked the feel of the Bridgestone tyres then go with them, there is a good selection to chose from.....R11, CR11, RS11, RS10, S21, BT-016 PRO. The choice is yours ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes stay with what you like. My boy uses Bridgestone on his track bikes and loves them. I put a set of Avons on my 675 and he had a fit but was right as the just didn't feel planted on the road.
    Joe.

4. kiloechoxray

kiloechoxray Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Houston Texas
    Well I was at the dealership today on an unrelated issue with my S1KR and I got to talking to them about the rubber issue 675. They don't carry the Bridgestones but they had Pirellis and Mich. They gave me some outrageous prices...(over $700 for the Diablo Supercorsa and over $600 for the Power Cup2-w/out mounting).
    So I went next door to Cycle Gear and got Pirelli Rosso3s for half the price, mounted.

I hope there's been generally good experience with these. They claimed most of there customers get these for track riding.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Don't think you will have any trouble and warmer temps perhaps a good choice. You will soon know when you feel the feedback from the tyre. My boy runs his tyres just under pressure for the track as the heat soon builds up.
    Joe

6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    A lot depends on what group you are riding in, as an example the Rosso 3 tyres will manage ok in the beginner group, if you progress to the intermediate group then using those tyres you will struggle a bit, the advanced group (at least here in the UK) usually see riders who race in BSB and or the closed Roads, or riders that have that level of skill, the Rosso 3s certainly won't be up to this sort of punishment. I run either Supercorsa's or Metzler Racetech K3s, currently I have the K3s and really rate them, they come in 3 different compounds, unfortunately they do not last very long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TripleNo1

TripleNo1 Member

May 27, 2018
    Virginia
    #7 TripleNo1, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    @kiloechoxray, I think you are in the US. Here, Pirelli makes a TrackDay version of their Supercorsas, that I just started using last year on my D675 track bike. I have only seen them for sale at the race track, but I get them mounted for around $350-$400 (USD) for a full set. You can choose the softness, I run an SC2 in the front and SC3 in the rear. They are the best tire (IMO) you can get before going to a full slick. You can use a warmer or not, and you dont have to deal with all the fickle temp settings of a slick. I like these Pirellis over all the Michelins, and Dunlops I have run in the prior years.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/07/12/pirelli-diablo-supercorsa-td-tire-review-track-rubber/
    https://www.pirelliracer.com/diablo-supercorsa-sc3-td/

8. kiloechoxray

kiloechoxray Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Houston Texas
    Thats great to know, thanks for that link.