765 Track Day!

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dark Rider, Mar 25, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Finally got a chance to attend a track day on my 765RS.

I joined the Fast Group (A Group) and really started to annoy some of he bigger bikes that were slow in the corners. The 765 is such a blast on track. So fast and flickable and the brakes are simply amazing! Had such a great day on my bike.

Track: Killarney International Raceway, Cape Town, South Africa

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I see from the video , you got caught in the V2 -4cyl conundrum !
    V2 brake harder a smidge earlier than the 4's and then accelerated much earlier .
    The 4's brake later , get into the correct gear to accelerate harder/later coming out !
    Triple - brake well as late as possible and begin to accelerate at or close to where the V2 do , but roll on and begin hard acceleration just about where the 4's do .
    I took my 99' 00' Sprint 955 around Barbagallo in Perth in 2001/2. Had similar experiences in the corners. Was up against two or three Ducati's and loads of Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda fours , most were 1100/1400cc .
    Did alright after I learnt to correct the braking points and acceleration points.
    One Ducati binned it at the end of the main straight , tightest corner for speed !

• Like Like x 1