Tiger Explorer Tpms - 2017 Explorer Xrt

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Greyboy, Apr 7, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greyboy

Greyboy New Member

Apr 7, 2022
    Chepstow
    Hi All,

I have just bought a 2017 Explorer 1200 XRt. It should have TPMS as standard. The sensor ID stickers are in the front of the service book. I cannot find any reference to TPMS while scrolling through the various displays. This is what is permanently displayed on the left hand screen. [​IMG]

I don't know if the picture is attached as I don't know what the URL is. Most forums you copy and paste or maybe drag and drop. It shows, from the top, the electric screen then suspension setting, Trip 1, Trip 2 then ODO.

There is no reference to TPMS anywhere, no warning lights on or low TPMS battery light. It is just as if it was never fitted.

Has anyone else had this problem Is there an easy fix which I can do myself or will it be a main dealer visit?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike.

DSC_9337-1.jpg

2. Greyboy

Greyboy New Member

Apr 7, 2022
    Chepstow
    Dear All,

My problem is now solved. It was quite probably operator error. :worried:

I had to disconnect the battery to connect the cable for my heated jacket. When I switched the bike back on, the screen showed the Tyre pressures. See photo. I also now know how to scroll between screens.

It's a miracle!

DSC_9342-1.JPG

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Qship

Qship New Member

Apr 22, 2021
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Little tricky to get all the info diplayed that YOU want. You'll figure it out. I did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1