675 Touring On A Striple

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Iain kubrycht, Apr 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iain kubrycht

Iain kubrycht Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Edinburgh
    So I've got my ticket and camping sorted for Thunder In The Glens this year. I'm after some advice on luggage.

Need to be able to carry my two man tent and clothes for a couple of days. Any ideas?

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've got the sw motech panniers but you wouldn't get a tent in them,i think you would be better getting a tail pack for your clothes and just bungee the tent on

3. Iain kubrycht

Iain kubrycht Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Edinburgh

Yer what I thought. Should I just use textile tail pack or is it worth investing in something more substantial? I've got a small tail pack that I use when commuting but it's only lasted a couple of months.

4. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I'd have a 40 lt Kriega,that will give you a flat base,tent on top.
    Or a small rack with a bag on long ways.
    Just be careful with racks,most wont carry much weight,typically about 5kg.

5. Iain kubrycht

Iain kubrycht Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Edinburgh
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think that is for going inside certain panniers? maybe this is more like what Roadrider was meaning although 30ltr seems to be the biggest sportbikeshop do?
    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/206888
    i have one of the oxfordt 40ltr tailpacks like this https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/206770
    i've also got one of those that i got free with a subscription to mcn, depending on the size of your tent it might fit in there and still have room for your clothes https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/237716

7. Iain kubrycht

Iain kubrycht Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Edinburgh
    Yer that 70litre one looks just the job. Should fit my tent in it. I'll measure up when I get home. Thanks!

Think the 40litre Kriega is just X2 10litres and a 20litre strapped together. £209 for the combo is a bit more than I'm willing to spend.

8. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That looks a good price Tim,The oxford Aqua one i got free is actually a 50ltr looks as if there would be room for a tent and clothing though https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/237719

10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Used Kriega tailbacks on my previous bikes, not cheap, but they are excellent. I have 2 x US10 & US20. Once strapped on, they don't move, even at silly speeds. Make a good flat base to strap a tent, etc on top.

I also have roll back from LOMO, that are unbelievable value for money and totally watertight. But might struggle to attach securly to the back of a striple. Them exhausts have a habit of melting stuff. @carelesschucca had a nice sleeping bag fire on his, once!!!!! :D:eek::D

11. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It was a nightmare strapping anything to my Speed Triple. There is nowhere to attach straps to.
    Kriega was easy. The only way I could get a dry bag was to put a rack on,more to provide fixing points as anything else.

12. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England

Made this vid about the touring with the Street, SW Motech panniers and then strap the tent across the rear seat (so long as your not two up)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Did a week camping in Scotland a few years back on a Speed and Street. The SW Motech Sport tank bags were also used

FB_IMG_1492562115023.jpg

• Like Like x 3