Touch Up Paint?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dominic Jones, Jan 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dominic Jones

Dominic Jones New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    UK
    Hi all,

I'm trying to find some gold touch up paint for the rims on my 2011 Street Triple R, in phantom black.

I could do with the pearl/matt/charcoal for the frame, phantom black for bodywork and gold for the rims.

Anyone know of the best place to get it?

I've found the phantom black and pearl/matt/charcoal for sale on ebay, (From Bikecolours I think), but can't find the gold anywhere.

Also, which gives the best finish, aerosol or brush?

Cheers folks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    I cant help with the gold but i got frame paint from bikecolours and it was a good match

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    There's also RS Bike paints.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dominic Jones

Dominic Jones New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    UK
    Thanks dudes, contacted both bikecolours and rspaints, turns out bikecolours have everything I need for bodywork, frame, engine and wheels, just had to ask!

Happy days,
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jbell

jbell Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2018
    Georgetown, TX, USA
    Just remember, the paint you buy was mixed to the original formula. The paint on your bike has 8 yrs. of fade and use.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    If you’ve got a local friendly body shop they’ll match it using a colour swatch, once you have a paint code you can easily order a small amount on line. That’s what I did to match the colour of my Chinese fairings on my Fireblade so the tank could be painted to match.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dominic Jones

Dominic Jones New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    UK
    You know what, I didn't even think about that, luckily most of the bits I need to touch up aren't easy to spot, I just wanted to fix them for my own piece of mind. The worst are on the rims, looks like where the tyres were changed, and on the engine behind the radiator, little on the frame down low, hopefully the new paint won't stand out too much.