Total Newbie Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kerry67, Apr 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kerry67

Kerry67 New Member

Apr 18, 2018
    Phoenix Arizona
    Hey everyone....50 year old here in sunny Phoenix Arizona, looking into getting my first motorcycle. Have not even ridden one in 30+ years and never really had the desire. Now, I do have the desire..... Always liked the looks of the Bonneville's and such and am starting to look around. I am in no rush, planning on taking some safety classes and get familiar riding a bit. I figured this was a good place to ask some questions, check out some photos and hang out.....Anyway, nice to be here.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Kerry and welcome to the forum :)

4. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Welcome in Kerry ! Totally the right approach mate.

5. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the madhouse you should fit right in.
    Tucker

6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Welcome in mate.

7. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome from another member in the US. I've spent a little time in AZ and have two questions for you -
    1) How do you keep your tires from melting on the asphalt in the summer sun (my shoes did)? :)
    2) Are you worried about the tarantulas knocking you off the bike as they run across the road when you're in the Sonoran Dessert?
    Good luck with your classes and your upcoming purchase!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kerry67

Kerry67 New Member

Apr 18, 2018
    Phoenix Arizona
    Thanks. Yeah, it is freaking hot here in the summer. Not much goes on that is for sure. Riding bikes goes way down. Never had my tires melt though. As for tarantutlas, not worried. It's the damn snakes I hate. All of them. Had one in my barn last year and it freaked me right the hell out.

Planning on taking some classes soon and probably buy something REALLY inexpensive to putz around on to build some confidence and hopefully get a Bonnie after the new year. I live up by Cave Creek Arizona and it is HUGE biker area. Every weekend the town is packed with bikes. I also have wide open back roads with amazing scenery to cruise around in which is perfect since I am a bit nervous about jumping on the highway.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome everybody!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kerry67

Kerry67 New Member

Apr 18, 2018
    Phoenix Arizona
    Here is what went on here last week in Cave Creek Arizona. It was bike week in AZ and my town is a biker favorite. And these photos I just grabbed off the web. Does NOT do it justice. bike week 2.jpg bike week.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Welcome Kerry enjoy the forum and your new bike choice...:sun::sun:

11. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from Calif.
    Check out the Street Twin. My 1st Triumph and a great bike. East to ride, plenty of power. Great all around bike. Similar to the T100 but a few different features that I like. For one it has cast wheels and tube less tires. I carry a flat tire kit and I can fix a flat on the side of the road. Can't to that with spoked wheels and tube tires.

IMG_0713.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

13. Andreas_CH

Andreas_CH Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Switzerland, Rapperswil
    Welcome from Switzerland :)

14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, nice pictures from the bike meet; looks like fun.... Enjoy your new bike.
    Wessa