TORS for sale

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Englishman, Nov 24, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Anyone want a set of mint TORS? I think they are called long slash cut, they are not much shorter than the originals, Just not my bag Baby,
    Is £150.00 to a forum member about right? in box, in bags, unmarked condition, they have done 1012 miles of sunshine riding only.

I put the standard ones back on today for a 50 mile ride to compare them and I aint going back.

Originals have:
    Better torque
    Better sound
    Better looks

sounds like most other bikes now instead of Armageddon. I've heard the claims that they sound like a sewing machine with standard pipes; well I disagree and think they are perfectly fine
    And I wasn't deaf when I got back home.
    And I wont get arrested in France for illegal pipes. It actually says "not for road use" on the TORS and I would be the one to get fingered here or abroad. Our first day on the 2014 tour is 300 miles. No way I could put up with the TORS on that trip so they are going.

I have not reset the ECU to standard yet, I need to get the cable and download the software but I'm not going back to that racket.

Al.

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    300 miles in one day? Are you mad, Sir? :smile:

3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Mad man! How on earth can the standard sewing machine noise be better than the thunderous TORS? Are you insane? View attachment 2487

• Like Like x 1
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I've never been nicked for a loud pipe and I run with no baffles...popping & banging every chance I get...love it..
    Loud and proud

• Like Like x 2
  5. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Mad as a snake and that's a fact.

Actually, at only 300 miles, I was thinking more like what are we going to do after lunch:wink:

Al

6. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I recon if I was riding about in the sun for the odd sunday jaunt they would be OK. But for proper touring they wont suit sir. One can see right through them FFS. I wonder if they had a baffle ever?

7. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I totally dig that man, but would you do 2000 miles in a week on it like that? If so, that's cool. But it would not suit me.

Al.

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Errrrhh yes... Normally do 300-400 miles on our tours each day..on B-roads we try to stay off motorways.....
    The guided tours are normally 1200- 1500+ miles over 4-5 days and I don't change the exhaust...
    Ear plugs... I use the moulded ones with headset built in... As we run radios...

9. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Heck, respect man. Maybe I'm just not used to the whole cruiser scene yet Baby. Honestly my arrest sheet in France is fakin shocking and I seem to be a magnet for the bent French cops.

There is deffo more mid range torque with standard pipes though with the ECU map as it is. And I mean a lot more. Noise aside, the bike was a lot better to ride. Possibly the ECU wasn't changed when the TORS were fitted and it still has the original map. I won't know until I buy the cable and check it out.

Al

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    If you'll send it back I can lend you a cable...

11. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    That's a very nice offer sir. I'm grateful.
    I was thinking I ought to buy one so I can impress my mates though. I may also want to change things a little from time to time.
    If you could direct me to a decent source of supply that would be great.
    Cheers Man
    Al

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    eBay... Just search Tune ECU cable and pick your choice...

13. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Now in the council tip, couldn't give em away!
    Al

14. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    You could of give them away to me :wink:

15. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Haha! Just kiddin:biggrin:
    They are here in the big box

16. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I agree with you about the pipes. The America had them on when I did the demo ride. In fact I bought the demo bike but insisted they put the original pipes back on. They were embarrassingly loud and I hated them. Then again I've never been one for loud pipes. There's a bloke who lives just round the corner who has a Honda with loud pipes. The fucker wakes me at 6 every morning as he accelerates up the hill. Mind you, being retired I can just turn over and go back to sleep while he probably goes off to some shit job :wink:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013

Exactly, and I bet that bloke who wakes you up with his silly loud pipes also has a 2 inch penis therefore he needs to make that sort of racket as he believes folks will think he is a bloody great blokey bloke instead of the saddo that he obviously is.

• Like Like x 1