Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Torque Settings (street Triple).

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BB3Lions, Sep 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BB3Lions

BB3Lions If only your mum had swallowed
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2018
    Rochdale
    M8 1.25 30 they are. £4 each for the quality ones or like you said £5 for a handful of dodgy ones :)

2. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

They aren't dodgy though mate. Buying bolts from a bike dealer is a good way to piss a lot of money away.
    Toolstation sell 50 x stainless M8 X 25mm for less than £7.
    Unfortunately, is sounds like you need 30mm?

• Like Like x 1
  3. BB3Lions

Subscriber

Jul 26, 2018
    Rochdale
    8 x 1.25 x 30mm

4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I know when i was a youngster and just learning my way around bikes (started with push bikes until i was 15) but feeling your way around tightening and loosening nuts and bolts is not exactly difficult, it only takes a couple of sheard bolts to get the idea of just how much tension to give it without breaking.

I despair at the number of posts i see on various forums asking about torque wrenches and settings, i guess its the way the world is going, nobody seems to do much of their own maintenance or willing to learn any of the skills necessary, common sense is a thing of the past.....along with bolts that are not made of cheese.;)

This is not a dig at the OP by the way just an observation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BB3Lions

Subscriber

Jul 26, 2018
    Rochdale
    Back int day I used to service my own car, started with a Lada Riva 1200, fiesta Mk1 & did everything possible. Then technology took over & is what it is, you become detached & lazy.

This imho is a precise engineered machine & although the parts I touch are day-to-day it's necessary to ensure the correct settings are applied with the right tools. By doing so it's ensuring parts don't fall off when you're riding at High speed,- which mine were lol

One thing is for sure, by doing such tasks, ensure you're not putting your life in the hands of a mechanic you're actually doing the most important thing which is learning and understanding your machine.

6. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

#26 Dozers Dad, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Apparently not if you have learning difficulties & a freshly calibrated torque wrench? o_O

:cool: :p :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. BB3Lions

Subscriber

Jul 26, 2018
    Rochdale
    All sorted, bar raised & rotated. :)

Spongy rear brake to. tomorrow now oi oiiiiii