Tiger Explorer Top Case Options

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Wheaton8l24, Oct 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wheaton8l24

Wheaton8l24 New Member

Oct 2, 2019
    USA
    Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 tiger 1200 XCX. I am in the market for an aftermarket top case that comes with a backrest for my wife. Im not looking to buy what triumph offers as a top box. i have narrowed it down to the GIVI Monokey and Shad top cases. The issue im having is determining what size/Liter case to purchase that would accommodate luggage for the wife and I. Im on the fence of getting a top case that holds 48 Liters (in particular the Shad SH48 top case). If anyone has input or experience with these particular manufacturers and if 48 liter capacity is large and i should look at small sizes.

2. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    I have a 52lt Givi monokey case but added a backrest for 'er indoors. 2 helmets fit for day out and huge space for touring (10kg max advised though) along with 2 40lt side cases. Sorted

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome. Why do you want a top box for the wife? Will it not fit on the bike? :cool::po_O