Tiger Explorer Top Box

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Redwood206, Jul 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Redwood206

Redwood206 Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Newtongrange
    Hi Friends
    I am looking to purchase an expedition top box for my Explorer 1200 XCA 68 plate, My bike has keyless ignition but my panniers are key locks, the options for a box are keyed or keyless, Is there any thing required to make the box keyless? how does the keyless system work, Oh and I do have a spare key barrel.
    hope you can help.

2. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    Hi,

you can get replacement larch assemblies for both the panniers and topbox (I did this for my 2016 expedition luggage onto my new 2018 Tiger).

the assemblies I got are A9500690 - Top Box Latch Assy,, T9500712 - Latch Assy, Pannier, LH & T9500713 - Latch Assy, Pannier, RH. Check with Triumph for your model. I seem to recall they are held in with 6 screws which proved easy to replace, look online for some videos showing how to replace the barrels in the housings (be careful with the barrels on the later keyless model since they are prone to popping out the lock mechanisms keep the key in when moving them around).

3. Redwood206

Redwood206 Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Newtongrange
    Hi Scouser
    Thanks for the info, It's a huge cost to buy a topbox, £330+ local to me, found one at Philip MacCallan motor cycles in Ireland only £280 Inc postage.

4. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    Yes it’s a huge cost buying a new topbox, that’s why I chose to renew my older one. The topbox latch assembly was £30 + vat from Triumph which made better financial sense and was needed since the keyless barrel is larger than the old type.

5. Redwood206

Redwood206 Member

Jul 12, 2020
    Newtongrange
    I had to buy a new one got the bike with panniers but no topbox, happy to say its coming tomorrow.