Took tank off, this fell out.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by jagryan85, Mar 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jagryan85

jagryan85 Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Wirral, Merseyside
    [​IMG]

Can someone please tell me what it is and where it goes?

07 Sprint ST

Regards

Ryan

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've no idea, but i imagine someone will be along shortly to solve the mystery;)

3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Looks like the indexing pin off a 1947 McPherson and Pickersgill multi indexing twassock bolster.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Mk1 or Mk2? We should be told.:confused:

My opinion of said object is that it is a factory installed 'mysterious rattle' that has now managed to liberate itself after many years of sterling service.o_O

I realise that none of the above is in any way helpful to poor old Ryan, but at least his plight is not being totally ignored (but for all the help we have been so far, it might as well be).:rolleyes::)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hi I have a sprint gt ( waits for applause to die down) it has a long bolt at back of tank, spearing 2 collars one each side. Between the collars is a spacer tube like that. Slighty different did they fall out together or was rubber flange and tube separate? Was there 2 rubber flanges?

So runs between the two collars and 2 brackets at back of tank ( between your legs when sitting)

• Like Like x 3
  6. jagryan85

jagryan85 Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Cheers for the responses! I still yet have to find where this mysterious thing goes! I'm balancing the throttle bodies tomorrow so took the tank off and when I lifted the back up to slide it out of the locating socket at the front I just heard something clang and saw this!! It must go somewhere, but who knows where! I cant see nothing obvious though!

7. jagryan85

jagryan85 Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Wirral, Merseyside
    I think jtd is bang on the money!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers for that mate. Would never of known! It must of slid out when I lifted it out. It ended up at the front of the engine by the coil packs! Was baffled to say the least! That plastic tank doesn't half weigh something...only had about two bars of fuel in it too!

Anyway it was coming off to look at the air filter to make sure all was good ready to do the balancing tomorrow, one of things I wanted to do was put a decent air filter in.....

[​IMG]

I guess I don't have to now! :D

Ryan

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    My air filter looked like that on that side...looked like sh$t on the other though.
    I have a metal tank. Do you know the plastic ones expand when off the bike? If you have it off:) you should drain it mate.
    Dont know about 2007 I had a 2000 RS

http://deformedfueltanks.com/

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Nice clean bike

• Like Like x 1
  10. jagryan85

jagryan85 Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Clean on the inside! It's had 3 weeks of commuting in this lovely British weather and no longer has that showroom shine! Starting to look a mess now, that's what this afternoons job is!

I have heard of people modifying the 3 induction pipes by ways of cutting them down. Can anyone tell me what gains are to be made by doing this? I'm all up for modifying, but only if it serves a proven purpose.

Ryan

11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont know :(

12. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Mate! I'd get rid of that pipercross they're crap my MT01 had one fitted when I got her and the motor had injested half of it not good!

13. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Yeah when you said about putting a decent air filter on I thought you meant getting rid of the piper cross crap

14. jagryan85

jagryan85 Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Wirral, Merseyside
    I didn't realise they where that bad! Everyone back in the day used to rave about them but they were fitted to shitty saxo's, corsa's, Clio's ect.

It looked perfectly intact tbh, but if you are all saying they are bad and fall to pieces then I will get rid of it asap. Making me paranoid now as my bike is my main mode of transport!