Featured Took My Speedmaster Screen Off And....

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Beerman, Dec 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beerman

Beerman Guest

It's as if I have a new bike.

My 2018 Speedmaster came with the standard touring screen. It has had a lot of criticism, but I found it ok. I figured I wouldn't be doing any long range trips in the next few months so I removed it. The handling is so much better, and the look of the bike is improved.

None of this will be a surprise to you, it is just physics but not riding around with a plastic sail on the front of the bike has been a revelation.

It may never go back on!

Beerman

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I find little Dart screen gives the bike a good look and buffers some wind. Makes a great place to stow your gloves too.

CA793657-A004-4F8C-88FC-FB87858D90C6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Phil Docherty

Phil Docherty New Member

Feb 5, 2020
    Edinburgh
    So. Forgive my ignorance but I'd like to remove mine also - like a newb I've not been able to get it off. Removed the allen screws but the thing appears welded on. Do you also need to remove the torx screw, looks like the circular attachments should prize lose but they don't seem to.

Love to hear how easy it was to remove.
    Cheers!

4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Got an older America, but I've never put a screen on it. That is the bike I ride when I have the need to be "in the wind" as the saying goes. ...J.D.

Passing Lights.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Yeah my Bonnie came with the Triumph screen, it was off within minutes...hate them...hate them...hate them! :mad::D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Phil, it was very easy to remove. Simply an allen key t loosen the fixing screws; the circular attachments remain on the bike.

Beerman