Too hot to ride?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Richard H, Jul 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Went out for an early ride out up Derbyshire today and the morning was great but by the time mid day arrived I was sweating buckets even though I have vented kit. Seen quite a few folks riding in just T shirts and no gloves, even seen T shirt and shorts combo :eek:

If its too hot to ride with protective kit on then sorry but my bike is staying in the garage.

My advice: set the alarm for 5.30 in the morning, its cool, the roads are empty and we had a great ride out up to the Cat and Fiddle 2013-07-13 09.46.19.jpg 2013-07-13 09.46.42.jpg

2013-07-13 09.46.19.jpg

2013-07-13 09.46.42.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I'm out 7.30am tomorrow..trip to cafe... Leather jeans and fully vented jacket.... Then back to grafting In the house....

• Like Like x 2
  3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    saw loads of numties on bikes around salisbury today with shorts ,t shirts no gloves,there was an accident in the city center the other week he hit a bus his boot came off and his helmet turns out he lost the lower part leg out of it as his ankle was untreatable :rolleyes:

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Guess its a free world and and you can wear what ever you like, perhaps you only think about it when either yourself or a close friend has had an off. My lad had been off twice, the last time when a car pulled out on him; both times his kit saved him from serious injury. He ripped open the ankle section on one of his SDI boots (my boots :frown:) but god knows what his ankle would have looked like wearing trainers.
    Sadly it's the kids with scooters who are the biggest kit non wearers and also some of the biggest risk takers.

5. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    ys i agree the Salisbury club did a weekend motorcycle apprication course ,loads turned up and some listened but sadly still see some zooming around the city in and out of cars with t shirts ,flipflops ect but as you say its a free world :rolleyes: