Toga Silencers

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by BigAl, Apr 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Stoke on Trent
    So collected my new T120 a couple of weeks ago with a few accessories fitted by the dealer, wanted to go for the original 60s look as much as possible, so the first thing for me to do was to fit some toga Silencers which I did this afternoon and boy they looked just the job, easier chain maintenance and even with the cat in place sounded perfect for me, BUT even with the new supplied with the silencers centre stand bump stop the centre stand hits the silencer, I nearly tore my hair out as I love these silencers big time,no way could the silencers be adjusted to prevent the arm on centre stand hitting the side of the silencer.The new bump stop provided is thicker than the original but would need to be twice as thick to prevent the contact and then the stand would be so low it would be grounding all the time. Any suggestions ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'd say talk to the supplier as soon as possible. I have a T100 with a Triumph stand and Toga silencers supplied by Norman Hyde it lands on the stop perfectly, no reason why yours shouldn't unless somethings been overlooked in manufacture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Stoke on Trent
    So not much response, do I assume that every one else that's bought the Toga silencers have fitted them with no problems then

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I fitted the toga's to my T120 when I had it and never had a problem with the stand the bike was a 2018. I took them of and put them on my 900 bonnie and still no problems. Sorry BigAl I think something is not as it should be for your bike.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    I have fitted Togas and an x-pipe with no issues to my 2017 T120.
    Not being particularly 'handy' I was a little bit nervous when starting the project but it all went with no complications or worries.
    No ECU remapping required, no warning lights on the clocks - On the first start after fitting, from cold, I simply let the engine idle (NO revving) for one heat-cycle until the cooling fans started and switched it off. Then ride normally - ok, maybe a little quicker ........
    Fitted for inexcess of 12 months ago. Great sound, significant increase in torque, and roughly 15% increase in fuel economy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. BigAl

BigAl New Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Stoke on Trent
    The latest Toga's have been redesigned in the last few months the bracket that bolts on to the rear footrest is now bolt on the previous ones were part of the silencer and welded on, as anyone fitted these latest ones and not had any problems, also the chrome on one of mine was of rubbish quality, I just so want these silencers they look so good compared to the originals.