To Which Bike Zzr1200 Or The Sprint

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Intruder, May 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Intruder

Intruder Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Beverley
    Hi peeps,
    I have a dilemma, I have 5 bikes and want to whittle them down a bit as I can only ride 3 at a time so.... I want the choice of a different ride when I feel like it, the 2 closest are the sprint 900 and my zzr1200, I obviously know the difference between the two in relation to power and handling etc but they are still feel quite similar, I love both especially the triumphs classic looks and sound , however the thing it does lack is that great arm wrenching power the zzr has ( i know its not all about that ) but I feel that because the triumph has a bit more character it would have the edge on the zzr if it went a bit better, so does any one have a good experience they could share in upping the power from their sprint 900, eg filters sprockets, advance ignition , etc etc.
    I am leaning on keeping the sprint but would miss the Adrenalin ooozing from the zed. IMG_0217[6958] sprint 900 .JPG ( mind you the vmax has that in spades from power and pure scare ability)
    The bikes I have are.... zzr1200 Triumph sprint 900, vf1000, vulcan classic 1500, vmax 1200 full power.

2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Ben-Hur?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Intruder

Intruder Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Beverley
    LOL thanks for your ideas, yes I could buy a 1050 but then its even closer to the Zed and yes I realise that you cant do too much to these bikes , they weren't meant for arm wrenching and barring a big bore kit etc etc the gains would be just a couple more ponies.
    I was just about to reply to your question of 3 bikes at once with the same analogy that you depicted in your reply when I scrolled down and saw it.
    Funny how you still cling to the big old zzr, they do every
    thing ok apart from fast and that they are awsome.
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    If you are good at spannering, Intruder, then stick a set of Trident 750 pistons in the Sprint. Higher compression ratio don't yer know. How much difference they will make (on their own) is anybody's guess. Not sure about the 750 cams though - they may help but then again ...... ! Aftermarket air filters and exhausts may help as well, but my Trident 900 has a K&N air filter and freer flowing exhausts which probably have little effect if I'm honest, so while the K&N stays put, I do sometimes swap the silencers around, just because I can. The bike just flies whichever silencers I use. I sometimes think it is getting faster, but that could just be me getting older!
    SIGH!

• Like Like x 1