Featured Scrambler Tigers In The Mojave Desert (cheers To Mrtriple For The Model Correction!)

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Sandi T, Jan 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1 Sandi T, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.25.57 AM.png

I got an e-mail this morning from Triumph Motorcycles containing this promo video and thought that many on the forum would like it. I really enjoyed it even though..... 1. I'm not a Scrambler rider. 2. I don't ride off-road. Yet? ;) 3. I live in the Sonoran Desert, not the Mojave. 4. And camping? Bah, humbug to that! :joy:

Edit (thank you for the correction, @MrTriple!):kissing_heart:

2. I'm not a Tiger / adventure rider. :p:)

Nevertheless, I found the scenery and videography compelling and the riding looked like great fun. I hope you enjoy it, too! :):cool::kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Out of boredom I’ve been watching loads of YouTube videos on motorbike’s:confused:
    I haven’t even used my Tiger TWAT:cool: properly yet but I now have a hankering for a Srambler 1200XC:eek:
    I hate having a hankering :mad:
    Usually ends up costing me a feckin fortune :sob:
    Feckin YouTube :mad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, those "hankerings" are known to be expensive, Dilli! :joy:At least they have been for me over the years.....:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Get yourself down to west London Dilli you can rag the arse of my XC, she is an absolute peach, comfy, easy to ride and just makes me smile mile after mile

• Like Like x 4
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’m on my way :)
    Will only stay a few days though :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I've got four bottles of Gentlemen Jack on stand by

• Like Like x 2
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hmmmm :confused:
    Maybe just one night then :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Don't go of road. You know think about that Bicycle of road trip just over a year ago. Dilligaf I suppose when you and Repooh get together we won't hear from you for a week or so.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good point, Joe!:) I'll stick to the pavement---but above it and not on it.;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    I have an XE , ( suits me being over 6 foot ). As one reviewer said ..... it’s the bike all vikings have been waiting for!
    I love it, always leaves me with a smile on my face.
    Get one or the XC ...... You will not regret it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers for that @Bug :)
    I’m a big fan of the Triumph Twins especially the 1200 :cool:
    Having owned a 1200 Speedmaster and a good half days road test on a Speed Twin both of them were absolutely brilliant :cool:
    The Speedmaster was a very low but comfortable bike :)
    The Speed Twin was fantastic out on the road but for me a little cramped in the seat to footpegs department :(
    I’m attracted to the T120 as well but haven’t had a road test yet :confused:
    The Scrambler is a great looking bike to me and has a lot going for it in terms of all round usability :)
    The roomier riding position appeals to me rather than the height of the bike and at 5ft10 I think I would be better suited to the XC :)
    I can feel a couple of more road tests coming up in hope not to distant future :p

• Like Like x 3
  12. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I took my previous XE off road - just a gentle green lane as a first test...and it was remarkably straightforward and confidence inspiring (until I stopped with the front wheel in a rut and two deeper ruts where my feet wanted to go). All ended well but getting some training on someone else's bike would be a good plan.

Here I am on the trail:

2019-09-08 14.49.44-1.jpg

The bikes in your video are Tigers @Sandi T. so 'adventure' rather than 'scrambler' (not trying to be picky on purpose...just saying ;)). Either way, if you fall in a hole, it's still going to feel the same.

Here's a great real-world version of how off-roading goes for normal people:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    I road tested a
    I test rode a speed twin and a thruxton r ..... thought the thruxton would be too cramped ...... but worked out just as roomy as the twin ...... totally outperformed the speed twin in the handling / performance department

2F481A0B-7060-404F-9E76-00DAD151F73D.jpeg

A8B2CB5A-2E42-4CCB-9C9B-5B15D4B622B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Aylesbury
    Photos were taken for me to see leg positioning as I could not believe how ‘ uncramped ’ the Truxton felt !

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love that photo, @MrTriple! Thanks for the correction to the model. :kissing_heart: Sheesh...what a faux pas. :( After reading your post, I did an edit on my original post and also made a change to the title.

But in the process I learned something about the forum which I didn't know until today. In a forum like the Thruxton, Scrambler, & Trident forum, you have select a prefix. At least once a thread is posted. It wouldn't let me drop the prefix and just modify the thread name. So this thread with Tigers will remain in the Scrambler forum with a Scrambler prefix. Live and learn! :blush::cool::joy:

• Like Like x 2
  16. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I figured that you wouldn't mind some feedback on your bike identification skills :laughing:

Cousin Bonneville has it's own forum, but we have to share with the other kids over here in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident'. I think maybe I've gone all territorial since having to leave Speed Triple, so thank you for removing Tiger so graciously, thoroughly (prefix acknowledged) and with good humour :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1