Tiger Sport M I A?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by tcbandituk, Jan 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Just seen on another forum, the Tiger Sport has disappeared from the Triumph website.....

2. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Speaking to the Triumph guys it seems it is a victim of the Euro 5. Not worth the new investment and I would also imagine a victim of the incoming Tiger 900
    It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would with very little investment. It was a stonking touring bike though

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Shame if it has been dropped from the range as it has a superb engine. I've had two as loan bikes and enjoyed the extra umph that the 800 just doesn't have. Never a big seller (apart from @Wessa :joy:) - I'm not sure people quite got what it was. I always thought funky sports tourer, and met an owner who referred to his as a Sprint on stilts.

Probably Triumph should have shoe horned the 1050 engine into the 800 body - the perfect adventure bike - but then no one would have bought a 1200! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    And it's back again today :rolleyes:

Looks like it's Triumph keeping to their usual standards with their website, i.e. as accurate as a blind guy pissing during an earthquake......

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Shame if they do discontinue the TS, I've had 2 and loved them. We rode our 17 one to Morocco and it was brilliant, even off road on PR4 tyres. . A bit top heavy for my poor old body now, so I have a Speed Twin and XR800.

• Like Like x 2