Tiger Sport 660

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrBojangles, Mar 27, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrBojangles

MrBojangles Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Bucks
    Hi all, not posted on here since I did the readers ride YouTube thing with The Missenden Flyer when he rode my Thunderbird Storm. Not my finest hour but good fun doing it. Still got the Storm but now bought and picked up last Friday, a Tiger 660 Sport. I took a punt and put a refundable deposit on it before Christmas as I guessed it might be popular. Bloody brilliant bike and now know why there is a wait to get one now. I had a KTM 390 Adventure for 18 months but got fed up with technical gremlins and taking it back to be fixed. Hopefully the Tiger will be more reliable. I have a question that hopefully someone may be able to answer. Is there an ignition fed live available anywhere for my sat nav. Don't really want to cut/splice wires and I assume it's similar to a Trident? The KTM had a dedicated feed behind the headlight and just wondered if Triumph do similar?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  3. MrBojangles

MrBojangles Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Bucks
    Thanks for that but it wasn't really what I wanted, although what it plugs in to was what I wanted to know. The dealer had no idea either but I did find it after about half an hour. For anyone else that would like to know, it's in the area under the seat, rear of tank right hand side tucked down behind the frame and tricky to spot. It's taped to the loom but with a bit of fiddling, you can get access to it. I removed the blanking cap, connected on to the pins with mini terminals and sealed the plug as I didn't want to cut the plug off. The Trident one is located higher up, under ya right arse cheek. Hope that helps anybody else looking for it.

• Useful Useful x 2