Vintage Tiger Tiger Replicant

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Newbie wants to Triumph!, Jun 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Newbie wants to Triumph!

Jun 25, 2020
    Reading, Berkshire
    Hi, Im a newbie looking at returning to biking in particular touring to include the Finance Director. I'll be honest have not ridden properly for a while but have kept my toes in with an electric retro scooter. Previous bikes in order, YAMAHA DS7 (250) Have you seen the prices wish I'd kept it....Honda CBX550 & a naked SUZUKI GSF600. The pleasure vehicle budget isnt huge but a Steamer is my desired entry point. The goal will be a Tiger 1050.

Can I buy a Steamer on ebay...yeah right. Not just Triumphs but a lot of bikes seem to suddenly not be available for sale anymore so guessing they pulling them if theres not enough interest. The 955i is more common but I cant (i just cant do it) get over the bulging fuel tank akin to a lava flow over seat and engine.

My question is can I fit a Steamer seat & tank to a 955 an potentially the headlight and fairing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steamerblue

Steamerblue Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2019
    exeter