Tiger Explorer 2017 Handle Bar Vibration

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jaykun85, Apr 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jaykun85

Jaykun85 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    So, Im totally a Noob when it comes to anything technical .. I bought my Tiger Explorer about a week ago and have just got my 500 miles done for its first service. I have noticed though that the vibration in the handlebars is so bad that it is causing my hands to go Numb ...especially the Right hand...

Do any of you kind people have the same problem, with it being a brand new bike and not being like this on the demo model I was a bit surprised as for long distance it makes riding a bit uncomfortable

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Drop a couple of psi from the tyres.Worked for me.

3. Jaykun85

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    Anythings worth a try :) will give it a go

*update* just checked what it should be and what it has been reading on the Display I think there over inflated as been reading 45psi ish for Rear and 36PSI for print from

4. Jaykun85

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    yea I have heard that grip puppys are good ... but I have heated grips on the bike :(

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    If everything else you try fails , fill the bars with sand, dried of course !
    The sand can move, vibrate without moving the bars , so it damps out even the highest and lowest frequency vibrations.

Cheers capt.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Jaykun85

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    Right I'm off for a ride out to the Beach in Rhyll :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I tried a few things on my Explorer. I ended up buying Rox Anti Vibration Risers, they helped a lot. I then added some bar end weights. Though neither totally got rid of the vibration they did help.

8. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Sand is cheaper and it WORKS !!

9. Jaykun85

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    I have it currently going through the Dealership, as I sent a polite letter to the CEO of Triumph as I don't see why I should have to spend more money to stop it from making my hands go to sleep and be pins and needle free when I have spent £14k+ on a new bike.
    So up to them to figure something but if I need a Rox Riser ill buy it but will send them the bill I think :) but I bet they will frown on me putting sand in the handlebar and probably void my warranty :p
    I can always ask them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Good luck with that. It’s a common problem with the Mk1 Explorer. My Mk 2 doesn’t give me the same problem.

11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Bear in mind that the pressure will rise by a couple of psi as the tyre warms up and in my experience the dashboard display is only a rough guide and may not represent the actual pressure. Best checked cold with a reputable pressure gauge. Best of luck curing the vibes.

12. Jaykun85

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    #12 Jaykun85, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    thanks all .. it has gotten a little better with the few fixes, just been in for its first service and they ended up fixing something on the throttle bodies, not sure f thats fixed it but it does feel a lot better

**UPDATE**. Maybe I spoke too soon still doesn't seem right but guess iill have to ride it maybe its the gloves haha

• Like Like x 1