Tiger 955i Screen / Wind Noise

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hugh Murray, Jul 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hugh Murray

Hugh Murray New Member

May 17, 2019
    Somerset
    #1 Hugh Murray, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Enjoying my new-ish to me 955i tiger 57 pate with only 5500k miles on the clock - but horrendous wind noise from the standard screen. Been reading on the forums about the various optional screens, but it seems to me only one poster had similar thoughts about the turbulence behind the screen ! Now I also have a older 1150GS and great as those screens are, a common point is addition of 'tobinators' which essentially only raise the screen up a bit to allow under-air flow to smooth the overflow. So iv'e tried this as in picture and hope it will help solve the noise problem. If it does, it's a cheap fix (plastic feet from speakers + tap washers for cushioning and longer bolts with nylock nuts, + cheap ebay screen deflector)
    upload_2019-7-28_18-53-51.png

2. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Interesting...let me know how it works out...I'm 6'3" and have so far just put up with it......though I've got a Vario screen on mine which is better than the standard unit.