Tiger 955i 57 Headlight Setting For Europe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Hugh Murray, Aug 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hugh Murray

Hugh Murray New Member

May 17, 2019
    Somerset
    #1 Hugh Murray, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Not had my Tiger 955i long so still getting used to the intricacies of this bike !

A quick enquiry if there is a simple way someone has for (stick on ?) headlight 'adjustment' for the twin headlights for europe riding ?

Its a but lumpy at neutral revs which I understand is normal for these as they run lean (same on my MG Griso - Finebau Forge mod and throttle body/tps set up fixed that) BUT it accelerates really well and pulls like a train even with a 19 tooth sprocket !

Ive got an electronic scott oiler fitted set to 60sec rate - can't find anywhere how much oil 'might' need to take on a 3000 mile euro trip !

Also some feedback regarding screens - I found the standard very turbulent, even tried spacing it up to give air flow under and modifying the shape a little but not much better

Just fitted an MRA Vario and spaced it 25mm higher - good but still a bit turbulent, back down to 10mm and still get wind on the helmet but its smooth and wayyy better. Would have gone for the slightly taller X version but none were available. (BTW - tap washers make great rubber spacers at 5mm each so with longer bolts you can play with spacing and angles)

Cheers

Update in case any one is interested re headlight adjustment for Europe on tiger 955i - I did the beam check with simple line on wall at correct distance and it appears the twin headlights are flat beam with almost no kick up to the left, with them set slightly low to allow for luggage I had no problem and no comments on dazzle or beam angle, so no adjustment or sticker required

• Like Like x 1