Tiger 955i 02 Strange Starting Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DayFire, Jul 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DayFire

DayFire New Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Sweden
    #1 DayFire, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Hej,

I´m in a tricky situation and in need of some help. Sorry for bad writing (english is not my first language).

Yesterday when I was driving home from work both the speedometer and the tachometer went dead all of a sudden. However, I could still drive home without any other problems and the engine was running fine. When I came home i turned off the bike and tried to start it again directly, but it was completly dead (light, blinkers etc still working) but could not hear a sound from the starter.

Left it for one hour befor trying again. Now the engine is trying to ignite for less then one second before going completely dead again (lights, horn etc still working fine). Have checked the fuses but not the main fuse (do not have multimeter available) and all the electrical connection that I can reach.

The problem is that atm I´m far from home and have no almost tools available. Tomorrow I will try to charge the battery, but I do not think it will be to any help...

I had been pushing the bike a bit hard earlier that day (only for a short time) and not more than usual. I have also been driving in much rain the last couple of days.

Thanks in advance!

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Welcome mate, how old is the battery? Sounds like it could have failed.
    Good luck getting it going again. :)

3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like the battery.

4. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    • Like Like x 1