Tiger 900gt Pro Forks

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mark Thackray, May 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Thackray

Mark Thackray New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    leeds
    hi, anyone had any bother with the front forks making a knocking noise under light load, makes a thud over bumps & when its on centre stand it knocks if u bounce front end lightly, phoned the local triumph dealers up & said they've had a few in with same problem, they have fitted new bushes In them & its not cured it,or are they just fobbing me off, basically they all do it & you'll have to put-up with it.

2. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Senior Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Mark, I have not noticed any knocking at the front
    The rear is another story

3. Mark Thackray

Mark Thackray New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    leeds

4. Mark Thackray

Mark Thackray New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    leeds
    what problems you had at rear, as i have a knocking at rear too, but not as bad as front

5. Markus

Markus First Class Member
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Mark Thackray: At my wifes Tiger 900 with 20.000 km there are no "extra" noises. At the Tiger 900 of my father in law it is the same.

6. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Senior Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I hear a knock as the bike falls into small steps only noticeable at low speeds.
    Very evident as I start riding in the morning, perhaps it is temperature related.
    Later in the day I do not hear it
    I have not been able to reproduce the noise while on the side or center stand