Tiger Sport Tiger 900 Throttle Response Map

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Wotsit, Feb 1, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wotsit

Wotsit New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    San Jose CA
    Hi All,

I have just got a Tiger 900 Rally Pro, moved on from my old BMW800GS. It is a big improvement!

One thing though is I dont really notice any difference between rain, road, and sport mode when I switch between riding modes. ( I havent been off road yet to try the offroad modes...)

Can anyone report a noticeable difference?

Thanks ... JF

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I haven't ridden the 900 but I've been on a fair few bikes with riding modes. To be honest, a lot of bikes are the same. Only a very small number of the different bikes I've tried have had a noticable difference between throttle maps. There will be a difference but its very subtle and probably most noticeable on the first quarter turn of the throttle.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DBlackRider

DBlackRider Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Donostia, Spain
    Hello mate! There is a big difference on the throttle response between these maps. I actually remaped my Tiger 900 and I have some videos explaining the proccess and showing the Throttle mapping of the 900. Feel free to check them out.

Don't forget to activate subtitles

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I had a 800 Xrx before the 900 and never really changed the modes as it was quite a faff. (actually, total ball-ache).Tried it in sport and all it did was make to the throttle response snatchy so never bothered again.
    At least with the 900 it's a one handed process you can do on the move.
    Sport does seem to give a slightly improved throttle response but you only really notice it when you switch back to road mode. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. DBlackRider

DBlackRider Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Donostia, Spain
    A video of my whole ECU remaping

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wotsit

Wotsit New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    San Jose CA
    Thanks for all the replies - After 600 smiles I can now feel the difference between sport and rain mode. But not between road/rain and road/sport.

7. DBlackRider

DBlackRider Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Donostia, Spain
    There is just a 4% difference between road and sport from bottom to 80% throttle position. Above 80 the difference is higher. Check my videos you will see both maps

8. Wotsit

Wotsit New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    San Jose CA
    yeah - I checked them out - its really good info. the 4% you say definitely matches what I experienced