Tiger 900 Rallypro: Handlebar Alignment Issues

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bharath G, Oct 29, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bharath G

Bharath G New Member

Oct 29, 2022
    San Jose, California
    Hi,
    I have a very strange issue on hand - my Tiger 900 RallyPro has developed a Handlebar/Fork Alignment issue.

I had it was parked in my garage (side stand) after a commute to a local library, city ride, less than 15 miles. I had no issues observed.

A few days later (i.e. this morning), was head off for my weekend ride - noticed that the handle bar to be wonky! While riding I had to steer the bike right to keep the bike in a straight line.

The bike feels perfect while stationary - no alignment issues can be felt - no rubbing/ sticky/ clunky side to side movement. But the dynamics change as soon as I start riding.

The bike has never been dropped. I did check the bike throughly but do not notice any signs of it haven fallen (to rule out someone bumping my parked bike in my apartment's shared parking garage).

Took the bike to my dealer and was informed it has a misaligned handle bar!

Wondering if anyone has faced issues with misaligned handlebars/fork without having done anything obvious (a crash/dropping the bike). Have a service appointment 2 wks out .

No while I wait anxiously, am still wonderstruck and confused on what has caused this issue.

Any suggestions/ guesses would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    BG
    2022 Triumph Tiger RallyPro

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atticus Floats

Atticus Floats New Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have the GT Pro but I have had a similar experience , unfortunately no solution from the dealer but to re-align. I presume they also retorqued all and every bolt on the front wheel, forks and handle bar. Sorry that I offer nothing to sort the problem but it hasn't done it since.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bharath G

Bharath G New Member

Oct 29, 2022
    San Jose, California
    Thanks much for sharing your experience. Sad to hear you faced the same issue, at the sametime, glad that the issue was resolved by the dealer and nothing major to worry about.

However, do wonder if the bike is designed for off-road riding, how would this issue present itself from a safety angle.

Worried a bit.

Hope my bike gets sorted too, have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. Will share updates once they get back to me with the details.
    Cheers!