Tiger 800 Tiger 900, Not Half Bad!

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by RS Robbo, Jul 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    A mate and I manged to blag a couple of Tiger 900's for the day last week. Great bike, strong motor which pulled like a train and felt more like a twin, handled well giving plenty of confidence, loads of mod cons and looked pretty cool.

Only negatives would be wind buffering and stability at higher speeds and when pushed the suspension felt soft and squirmish under braking in to and acceleration out of corners. All things you'd get used to and live with or could fix I guess.

If I did more touring and Europe stuff I'd consider buying one but for the normal 150 mile Sunday blast on the twisties it'd just be sat in the garage whilst I took the Street Triple out.

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. EJB

EJB New Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like one is a GT, one is a Rally, did you prefer one to the other?

3. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    Yep, the GT is meant to be more road focused, the Rally more off-road, to be honest I wouldn't take either off-road properly.

GT had a lower riding position, smaller front wheel (cast alloy) and electronic programmable suspension.

Rally had a higher riding position, bigger front wheel (spoked) and manual adjustable suspension.

Didn't change any of the standard settings on each, both felt stable and planted most of the time.

Didn't notice any difference in performance but if I had to chose one I'd go for the Rally purely based on looks, additional spec and the higher riding position which felt more comfortable and gave me a little more confidence feeling I was sat on it rather than in it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    They do look good those 900’s.
    I do like the one in “Dilli Red”

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1