Tiger 900 Gt Pro

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Honda man, Jan 30, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Honda man

Honda man New Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Spain Costa blanca
    Help, i have just bought an OBD module to reset my service light. Plugged in and after resetting the spanner have now found that the quick shifter doesn't work, no TPMS showing also lost auto cancel indicators. Has anybody got any suggestions apart from going to Triumph dealer. Could these problems be caused by OBD module. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    What module, software & lead have you used?
    Sounds like a software issue to me as these are all of the items that have to be activated by the dealer (except indicators)
    I think you might have reset the software and not the reset light?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Honda man

Honda man New Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Spain Costa blanca

4. Honda man

Honda man New Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Spain Costa blanca
    Yes i think i have cocked up, looks like a trip to Triumph unless anybody has got other options.

5. DBlackRider

DBlackRider Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Donostia, Spain
    Auto cancel indicator lost in the menu is a known bug of the Tiger 900 Software. You need to go to your dealer and ask them for an update

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jack Mooney

Jack Mooney New Member

Mar 15, 2021
    London
    Afternoon,

Had my Tiger 900 GT Pro delivered on 6th March, absolutely love the bike (it's my first Triumph) I can't fault it apart from the Cruise Control. I'm not sure if anyone has experienced the same issues. I know that I need to be in 3rd gear or higher and travelling 19mph or faster. The manual is telling me that I need to press (Set -) button to engage the Cruise Control and then adjust with the (+/-) buttons.I think i'm doing everything right but still I cannot get Cruise Control to turn on and I see no indicator for it on the TFT display.

I called the dealer, they asked me to try this 4 point sequence that can activate CC on the bike if they forgot to do it.
    1. press front brake
    2. press rear brake
    3. press clutch lever
    4. roll throttle forward

Unfortunately still no luck.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Are you sure that you are rolling the throttle forward enough?
    It's quite a stiff action and easy to not do properly.
    It's how to cancel it btw (when you are moving) and it's activated.
    Also, make sure that you do not have a brake light on permanently as that will stop the CC from coming on (clutch lever switch too)
    Failing that, dealer time!!!

8. Jack Mooney

Jack Mooney New Member

Mar 15, 2021
    London
    Ducatitotriumph...thanks for the reply.
    Yep, rolling throttle forward to the point where it wont go any further. I'm trying to do the sequence smoothly as a 1, 2, 3, 4
    I haven't noticed the brake light on or any other warning lights, apart from the (ABS) flashing when the bike is first switched on which can be normal.

Trying to avoid an unnecessary trip to the dealer where the guy will fix the problem in 2 minutes...sods law
    I'll try the sequence a few more times before calling the dealer.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DBlackRider

DBlackRider Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Donostia, Spain
    As easy as if you don't see any indicator that Cruise Control has been activated then you have a problem in the bike or in the buttom, so go to your dealer.

As @Ducatitotriumph said the buttom is pretty stiff so press it gently. A GRAY icon should appear in your TFT screen. If you press again SET for a 2nd time then the speed you are riding will show up right above the GRAY icon which has turned GREEN and you have set up the cruise control for that speed.

10. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    You are missing a step. Press the -ve button once to activate then press it again, the same button, to set the speed. You should see and indicator on the dash at the first stage though.