Tiger 900 Gt Pro Wind Screen

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by azokie, Dec 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. azokie

azokie New Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Oklahoma
    I am just finishing up the first 600 miles on my 2021 Tiger GT Pro. I will get a replacement windscreen as soon as I can find a better one that is a bit wider at the base and top. At highway speeds I find the stock screen wind really noisy. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 New Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Los Angeles
    I agree with you. As a tall guy at 6'4, I'm dying at freeway speeds.

Has anyone tried this item:
    Triumph - Screen Deflector Coated (A9708875)

3. azokie

azokie New Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Oklahoma
    The Triumph wind deflector is small and would not do much for wind coming off the sides of the screen, in my opinion. It might do a good job of pushing air up over a rider's helmet but I do not know about that for someone who is 6'4.
    I have used MRA clamp on deflectors on several windscreens and they do make a difference but they are much larger and have multiple points of adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nosvamos

Nosvamos New Member

Oct 11, 2020
    Michigan, USA
    I'm 5'10" and find the Tiger GT windshield directs the wind over my helmet but the wind load on my chest is annoying. I'm planning on buying a new shield from California Scientific https://calsci.com/ because they are wider than the stock shield. Lots of interesting stuff on this website.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #5 Adie P, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    The essential thing about the ergonomics and aerodynamics of windshield design is that it has SO many variables that there is absolutely no universal truth or science upon which to rely.

You can have two 6ft 5ins males of similar, or even identical, 'build' on identical bikes with identical windscreens - or other devices such as fairings, etc. - and they are likely to find that the effect of wind, turbulence, noise and comfort differ enormously between the two of them. The underlying reason for this is that the "relationship" between things as seemingly insignificant as neck length, arm length, length of the spine and so on, will place a rider's body in wholly different positions on a bike - almost always enough to make the practical ergonomics distinctly different - regardless of similarities in overall height and build. It's easier to understand when you consider how very different a 6' 5ins person with inside leg measurements of, say, 33 inches would look when sat on the bike of a 6ft 5ins person with a 37 inch inside leg length. As we all know, four inches can make a hell of a difference ......

I used to work for a guy who was 6ft 7ins tall but who had enormous difficulty finding a car that was comfortable enough to accommodate what he personally described as his "unusually long spine". Getting the driver's seat low enough to prevent his head hitting the cabin roof whilst allowing him to reach the steering wheel and pedals was apparently a tedious and frustrating task!

So, the effect of turbulence in realtion to overall rider's height is going to be pretty much impossible to predict or compare.

• Like Like x 2
  6. azokie

azokie New Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Oklahoma
    I just got my Givi D6415 ST windscreen and after mounting, went for a ride. The Givi screen is wider at the bottom, middle and top compared to the stock screen. The Givi screen took care of the side wind hitting me and hitting my helmet. Finally, a much more quite ride. Even in the low position, The Givi is a bit tall for me (5'10") but that is a welcome trade off for the quieter ride.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gadgetmandb

Gadgetmandb New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Essex
    I’m 6ft 6 and the givi 6415st works well for me

8. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I got that screen
    The first one cracked at two of the mounting holes
    I spoke to the calsci owner and got a replacement
    Watch the mounting points, they are in a perpendicular line to the direction of travel
    The screen has a curvature and toches the mounting points at an angle
    My solution was to add rubber washers sanded in an angle, so far no cracks
    I have taken the bike offroad, over very broken pavement, up to 200kmh, and so far so good.
    The first screen cracked after the first ride.
    I needed longer bolts to accomodate the rubber washers over and under the screen
    I really like the wind protection I get with the calsci screen