Tiger 900 Gt Pro, Switched Live.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ray Pickup, Apr 3, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ray Pickup

Ray Pickup New Member

Apr 3, 2021
    Uk
    Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice..I need a switched live, other than the rear light on my 900 GT Pro, to run a pair of Thinkware M1 cameras. When I connect the 12v to the switched live, (which is where my old cameras were connected) I get a rear position light fault and the light goes out after about 30 seconds. I reset the ignition and soon keep getting the same fault. I can only assume these cameras draw too much power or Amps, or something like that. ‍♂️ But basically I need a different switched live. Any help is massively appreciated..

2. Hamish

Hamish New Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Selkirk, Scottish Borders
    Ray,
    I needed a switched live for a few things on my Tig900 GT ~ heated gloves, LED aux lights and Sat Nav. To save faffing about I fitted one of these https://moto-mate.com/product-category/power-distribution-units/. An electronic relay is switched on by a switched live (in my case the supply to the rear light) and 10 secs later you have 5, 3 or 5a live supplies. It has worked fine so far. A wee bit pricey but worth it.
    You can fit it in the space behind the battery. Each of the 5 supplies are fused separately.

Hope this helps,

Hamish.