Tiger Explorer Tiger 900 Gt Low Speed Maneuvers

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Orioneq, Feb 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Orioneq

Orioneq New Member

Feb 4, 2022
    Poland
    Hello everybody

Just a quick question to all Tiger 900 GT Pro owners. I wonder how is this bike behavies on low speed tigth turns. I would like to do some moto gymkhana and Im curious is that motorcycle capable.

thanks in advance!

BR

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I don't have a Tiger but I'd have thought the the steering geometry would be a key factor in tight turns. I suppose the wide bars would be an advantage. Can you get a test ride on one to see how you think it handles at low speed?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Orioneq

Orioneq New Member

Feb 4, 2022
    Poland
    I should ;p but test rides will not be available sooner than end of march. im sick right now to get new moto asap.. and i know that its not very responsible ;p on the other hand, there might be some stock availability issues due to crazy situation worldwide. so its kind of a struggle but thanks anyway!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Sorry I can't be more help. The closest I can get is to say that my Multistrada, as a similar bike, wasn't the most nimble machine out there. I suppose it depends on how agile you need to be for the gymkhana.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grumpy_o_g

Grumpy_o_g New Member

Feb 11, 2022
    In front of the PC
    Low speed handling is very good in terms of balance - the C of G is quite a bit lower than you think from the stance of the bike. Throttle and clutch are outstanding for low speed use. Throttle is good as there's good torque low down but it's not Indian or Harley big V-twin levels - makes low speed control a doddle. It's quite a flickable bike even at low speed.

The one thing I wouldn't think was very special is the turning circle - in the real world it's probably 2 1/2 parking spaces - though admittedly British parking spaces are smaller than US ones usually. Missenden Flyer on YouTube usually does a turning circle test at his local railway station. I'm quite happy with it and it took no time for me to get the confidence to go straight to full lock but if turning cycle matters it's simple OK.

One thing - if you do get one don't get the Triumph crash bars - they look good and are OK on a very gentle drop but have a reputation of damaging the tank if it anything more enthusiastic. SW-Motech and others do some good looking ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I had a vstrom 650 before the Tiger 900 GT Pro, the Tiger is way easier to handle at low speeds and has a tighter turn circle
    I can turn it inside a 4.5M diameter circle

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Orioneq
    Yes i think they handle well and are capable of most low speed stuff. Had a friend with one and he was a nutter did thins i wouldn't dream of. But the bike is only 50% the other is how competent the rider is. Welcome to the forum by the way.
    Joe