Tiger 800 Tiger 900 Front Brake Lever

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by IAcubbies, Jun 17, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. IAcubbies

IAcubbies New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Usa
    2022 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally

I replaced my front brake lever and now it's not working properly. Brake lights are stuck on and I'm no longer getting that click noise when engaging the front brake. It's like it's stiff now and maybe not fully disengaging. Any ideas?

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Take the lever back off and check it over against the original, is it exctly the same shape, holes, fittings etc the new one may not be correct fitment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. IAcubbies

IAcubbies New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Usa
    It's the exact same triumph lever. I believe I figured out part of the issue. There is a tiny censor switch on the bottom side that presses and decompress when the lever is pulled. It's a tiny plastic pin held in by a blue rubber nub. Well the blue rubber piece ripped in half so its no longer holding the pin in place.

But I still have a 2nd issue that I can't figure out. The brake lever isn't decompressing on its own after pulling it. I have to push it back out.

4. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Is the lever a tight fit where the fulcrum pin goes through? Have you overtightened it or maybe it needs light sanding down.

5. IAcubbies

IAcubbies New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Usa
    I think that was exactly it. I lubed the pin the goes down through the brake lever and loosened it up a bit. That has fixed the sticky lever.

Now back to the switch. Has anyone ever replaced one? It looks like the switch and wire is all 1 part. So I think I am going to have figure out how access the cables that run through the middle of the bike? Anyone have tips or tricks they'd like to share?

6. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    If it was me, I'm a Cowboy, lol.
    I would cut and splice the cables together.... but that's me, fuck taking the bike apart for a couple of wires but I doubt they are that long.