Tiger Sport Tiger 850 - Just Put A Deposit Down To Trade In Street Twin For A Tiger 850

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Notso, Sep 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Oh damn. Just put a deposit down to reserve an 850 when it comes in. I currently ride a 2018 Street Twin and despite loving it, at 6'1" with 33" leg with dodgy knees I just fancy a little more height and comfort, plus a bit more wind protection will be nice. Love the looks and handling of my Street Twin, but my head's been turned after sitting on a few different bikes at my nearest dealership. I was surprised how comfortable and light the 900 was. I have made it clear to the dealer that I want to make a final call after testing a 900 that they are setting up for demo. I want to make sure the ergonomics work for me more than anything. Not in the slightest bit concerned about the peak power, but the lack of lean ABS is the main thing that I would have quite liked given the meaty front brakes. Heated grips and guards are an easy extra to make riding on colder days a bit more pleasurable.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Only proof of this folly is a pic when it arrives!!
    Sweet ride sir!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Well, test ride went well, so; PXL_20211027_121050354.jpg
    I feel lucky, sounds like the global logistical problems have thrown the supply chain into disarray. Had I not got a deposit down, I would be waiting until next year.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Older'nWiser

Older'nWiser New Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Knoxville
    I would hold my praise util you live with this a while. I traded a 2019 T100 Bonneville for my 2021 850 Sport. I can report the following. The T100 is smother on the Interstate, hands down. The 850 is buzzy above 70 MPH. 70 is what you run in the breakdown lane in Tennessee. The TFT display is sadly lacking as well. I loved the gauges on the T100. The 850 is a bad joke. They call that rainbow a tachometer? If I had been able to test ride it before buying it, I would have passed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Loving the 850. Had some great winter rides out. Here's a shot from my trip to Cheddar Gorge after 3 comfortable and enjoyable hours in the saddle with close to freezing temps, glad I got the heated grips.
    PXL_20220109_103341292.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Glad to hear that you are happy with the 850. I've been out on mine a few times, when the weather and temperatures come into my range of tolerance. I still think the 850 is a great bike, and a superb combination of features, quality and price. I have heated grips as well, but also Grip Puppies, which dull the heat somewhat. I'll have to take them off and see how things feel.

That looks like a great ride; curvy roads and great scenery.

• Like Like x 1