Tiger 800 Tiger 800 Xrx Front Fender

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Rod S, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rod S

Rod S New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Cambridge
    Hi all, I have a Triumph Tiger 800 XRX (2017 model). My front fender has broke and I'm looking for a replacement. Rather that replacing with the standard Tiger front fender I'm mulling over whether I can source a carbon fiber front fender to my machine.

I've trawled through the internet and can only seem to find foreign manufacturers. Initially I went with 'FF Carbon' in Germany but they had issues with the Tiger fender mould and after 4 months waiting they sent me my money back. 'MotoComposites' in Canada seem to be a decent company but I suspect I will be stung with import tax.

Surely there must be a UK manufacturer that can make a carbon fiber front fender? Has anyone got any suggestions?

Alternatively...
    I was mulling over some random ideas for an alternative to replacing the front fender such as: 1) replace with a Tiger XRX fender (but...probably too narrow and the front brake pipes will need arranging), 2) go for the super motard look (acerbis supermotard fender...again, fiddling with the front brake pipes which is not ideal).

Anyone got any sensible random ideas?

Thanks.