Tiger 1050 Lowering

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by David Ward, May 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Ward

David Ward New Member

May 5, 2017
    west yorkshire
    I have bought a Tiger although I knew they were heavy and had a high seat. I have short legs and wondered if the bike could be lowered. I know you can get a lower seat but I was thinking about the suspension.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi David, there's all sorts of things you can do to the suspension - shorter springs back and front etc. But before you spend any money can a I suggest a combination of the lowest seat height and dropping the forks through the clamps a bit.

I did this on my Tiger, about 10mm iirc and it made all the difference for me. If you need to know more, just ask.

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I've lowered both my Tiger Sports and, as long as you lower the it correctly i.e. drop the front as well*, it had no effect on the handling.

*I found dropping the front just slightly less than the rear worked for me (on my last Tiger, it was dropped 25mm at the rear and 20mm at the front)

4. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #3 t552, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Triumphs are built suspended, so all clearences in the suspension are are one side of the bushes. Just by having the bike on the ground and loosening all the suspension clamping bolts then re tightening them you should find that will lower the rear. We have found it can make up to 15mm difference, which to some came make a big difference. And best of all costs nothing. I suggest you try that 1st.

5. Trophytourer

Trophytourer Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Inverness
    Hi David,

I lowered my Trophy by 20mm at the rear and dropped the yolks down the forks by 14mm and the bike handles perfectly, I used Lust racing links and are pretty easy to install. My feet are nicely planted on the ground.

http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspension/triumph-lowering-kits.html

6. meadland

meadland New Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Arizona
    Im 5,9 and I fitted the LUST 30 mm lowering link and lowered the front forks 25 to 30 mm, It made a massive difference to me and I can flat foot it at the lights now and almost paddle it back wards lol