Tidy Back End

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Aldworth, Aug 30, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Aldworth

May 23, 2022
    United Kingdom
    Hello people

I have a bonneville t120 and I see people take off the mudguard or whatever you call, makes the back end look a little more open. Whatever sits under the seat carries the indicators and number plate on it. How do people mount these after they have taken out the mudguard bit (please forgive me for not knowing what it is called)

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Hi David and welcome. What you are looking for is a tail tidy. There are many available but for quality one have a look at Evotech

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. David Aldworth

May 23, 2022
    United Kingdom
    Thankyou kindly sir I do know the names of somethings.ha. Just think it looks smarter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Check out the Motone tail tidy as well (I have one). Don't know how it compares to the Evotech but Motone stuff is always good quality.
    When you remove the original plastic rear guard the Motone replacement basically takes it's place and bolts to the frame using either the original or their new stainless fittings. You would need a different tail light because the Triumph one won't fit. There are various choices from Motone. I think you might be able to use the Triumph indicators but the Motone bullet ones are better. There's a simple plug-in wiring harness so the wiring part is very easy.
    The number plate just bolts on.
    I piloted one of the Motone prototypes (in 2017 I think it was) and fitted it in an afternoon.
    You're right, it looks so much better than the cumbersome Triumph set-up. And before anyone mentions it, no it doesn't send water and muck up your back, although it does allow a bit more spray to be chucked at following vehicles.