Thunderbird Sport Side Stand Sensor

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rajan Spolia, Nov 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rajan Spolia

Rajan Spolia New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Slough
    Hi.
    I recently lowered my Tbird sport, and now need to fit an adjustable side stand, as the original is now too long.
    Trouble is it will not activate the sensor switch anymore. Is there a way round this...I'd like to keep the sensor switch.. but if I cannot..how do I bypass it?
    Many thanks in advance.
    The bike is a 1998 T'bird Sport

2. Rajan Spolia

Rajan Spolia New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Slough
    Hi,
    I'm trying to locate the connector from the sensor switch to the loom, but cannot find it. The wiring just vanishes into the bike. I've removed the left side panel..there's nothing there...does anyone know where the wiring goes after exiting the side stand switch...its a 98 T bird sport?
    Need some help here please..

3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    It will just be a make or brake switch...so just check to see which and eliminate it...but then i have all this nanny stuff they but on bikes and cars these days.

4. Rajan Spolia

Rajan Spolia New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Slough
    Thanks mate...I've just found out a better way...I rang my local Triumph dealer ( Jack Lilley in Ashford), who said they couldn't help better told me a man who could...they have experience with shortening Triumph side stands... So no hassle with sensor switch..it'll take a couple if hours..I think I'll take this route.
    Thanks to everyone that had advice..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Glad you found an easy solution mate..me i would have just cut the end off and welded a pad on...but then not everyone can weld.