Thunderbird security

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by rob996, Dec 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rob996

rob996 New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    South Wales
    Hi,am looking to purchase a 2010 thunderbird 1600 and wondered if they come with factory alarm or immobiliser please

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I'd expect it to have a factory fit immobiliser, but any alarm would be an owner addition as far as I know

3. Suppards

Suppards New Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Yorkshire
    The Thunderbird comes with a factory fitted immobiliser as standard. An alarm unit costs extra.

You'd probably do better to invest in a really good quality lock and chain. When I bought my bike last September the dealer asked if I wanted an alarm and said "good choice" when I said I didn't. He commented that they usually ended up removing alarms they fitted on new bikes as they always prove to be a PITA! Such is my personal experience over 25 years too.

4. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Mine has the alarm on it, 2011 TBird no problems yet.
    When in the garage I put it on an optimate just to be on the safe side at this time of year.
    Don't think the immobiliser is standard on the 2010. Newer models yes but not the older ones.
    If you fit the alarm the immobiliser is part of that.

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Go for a decent lock and chain and attach it to something if you can and use a disc lock as well.
    Better than any alarm.

6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Ditto to the lock and chain advice above :D:D