Thunderbird Commander Aftermarket Exhasut

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by whitelee28, Sep 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    Hello all,

I have been thinking about putting a louder exhaust on my bike. Its a 2014 Thunderbird commander. I love the way the engine sounds but the pipes I must say are lacking. Has anyone put aftermarket exhausts on their bikes? If so was it worth the cost of the pipes and the associated tune you need with it? And finally was there a noticeable difference?

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Whitelee, I have the Triumph short tors on my Nightstorm and am very happy with the sound and overrun on them :cool::cool:
    I've not really looked any further for after market options but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some info ;);)

3. Gladin

Gladin New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Lincoln
    I have Tors on my Storm and am very happy with them, keep your eye on Ebay, they do come up occasionally at a reasonable price

4. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    T
    Thank you for the info. i will be looking into the first link that you sent. They sound amazing and there is no re-tune required.

• Like Like x 2
  5. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    Did you have to get a re-tune done when you put those on? Im just trying to get an idea about how much to save up for.

6. Helmut Visor

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    As far as I know it was just a straight swap :cool::cool:
    They were fitted at the dealer before I picked it up so can't be 100% sure though;);)

7. Gladin

Gladin New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Lincoln
    There are lots of threads on remapping the ECU using Tune-ECU. I was looking to do this, most maps will eliminate any over run but I really like the over run (its very slight and only on major decleration) and have not remapped mine and it runs fine. The ECU will adapt over time also there are lots of threads about this you may want to take a look at. For me the budget for this element is zero or at the most the cost of a Tune ECU cable

8. Helmut Visor

Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Did you find any replacement pipes @whitelee28, photos and thoughts? ;);)

9. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    No I haven't yet. Unfortunately I have had to postpone getting new pipes for a while. So for now stock pipes will all she will have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    No I haven't yet. Unfortunately I have had to postpone getting new pipes for a while. So for now stock pipes will all she will have.

• Like Like x 2
  11. David Downes

David Downes Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    @whitelee28 Are you interested in pipes at all, I have a set of the TORs if you'd like them. Long story short, I got a small scratch on the right pipe near the rear, really not that bad at all, but being the person I am, I bought replacements when I saw new ones discounted.

If you're interested, I can take a picture of them, and we can work out a price. I kept them just incase I ever got a worse scratch on my new ones, and swapping back would make sense :D

• Like Like x 4
  12. whitelee28

whitelee28 New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    California
    Thank you very much for the offer. And i apologize for the late response. At the moment the funds for wanted bike parts isn't there. i would love to negotiate price but that will unfortunately have to wait. The interest is still very much there.

• Like Like x 2