Thunderbird 900 - Handlebar Options

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Ian Suggett, Aug 29, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ian Suggett

Ian Suggett Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Durham
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum and about to pick up a 2003 Thunderbird 900 later this week (I already own a Honda Fireblade).

I would like to change the standard handlebars on the Thunderbird for something a little lower / flatter and am looking ideally for an option which is an easy swap (if such a thing exists!).

I read somewhere that Speed Triple bars are a good option?

Just wondered what others have used / recommend ?

Thanks in advance...

Ian

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    My thunderbird had renthal bars on it when i brought her , but i changed them back to standard as i didn't like the colour and i wanted more upright bars .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ian Suggett

Ian Suggett Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Durham
    Interesting (maybe I should wait til I've ridden it with the standard bars first!) - Nice bike btw!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thanks, Shes had a lot of work done on her. I would try the Standard Bars first , you might be surprised.
    This was her going to the paddys day parade. If only they knew i was from Essex :p
    [​IMG]

5. Ian Suggett

Ian Suggett Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Durham
    Well I have a 200 mile journey home with her on Sunday so I'll have plenty of time to decide on whether I like the standard bars!! :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ian Suggett

Ian Suggett Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Durham
    Yeah I've read that they're a good option, do you have any photos of the bike with them on?

7. Ian Suggett

Ian Suggett Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Durham