Thunderbird 900 Fitting Givi Panniers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TbirdOwner, Nov 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TbirdOwner

TbirdOwner New Member

Nov 18, 2021
    South Somerset
    Hi All
    I want to fit a pair of Givi panniers to my 1996 Thunderbird 900, the 36Litre would be my choice although I am prepared to go smaller if the 36L don't fit properly. I've bought a so called fitting kit to suit my bike and a pair of Givi Monokey wings from a seller on Ebay, he and I are struggling to find an instruction sheet to help with the fitting, there are multiple holes in the wings and 3 brackets which in theory hold the wings rigid in the optimum position. I am guessing the rear indicators will probably need either replacing or re-positioning but I struggling to fit all the components on my bike.
    Has anyone else successfully fitted Givi panniers to their Thunderbird 900, if so a few photos of the fitting kit fitted to the bike would be fantastic, if there's an instruction sheet I could get a copy of that would be even better. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    I didn't fit givi's but I did fit krausers. I used a rentec rack and attached most of the pannier fittings to it . The exception being the one stay per side to the pillion footrest mounting bolt .