Thunderbird 1600 - Possible Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Adrian Braithwaite, Jul 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adrian Braithwaite

Adrian Braithwaite Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    Hi Guys
    I am considering putting my Thunderbird up for sale and I am just testing the waters as it were with regard to the asking price as I am not fully up to speed with prices etc.
    In January this year I had an accident at work resulting in a back injury, trapped nerve etc, which is still ongoing and I am really struggling to even move the bike around the garage. I have only ridden twice this year and last week managed a ride on the T'Bird which ended with me laid up for two days, not the bike's fault but riding position not agreeing with back situation!
    The bike is as follows and if it ever stops raining then I will get some photographs:

Truimph Thunderbird 1600 in metallic black, Reg'n date 02.03.2012, 2012 plate, mileage is 14,996 miles, two new tyres fitted at 14,038 miles, MOT until 10.12.2020. Service History.
    Extra's
    TORS Sport short exhausts with cross pipes etc
    Mustang Rider and Pillion seats
    Truimph Screen
    Wider 'T' handlebars with extended cables
    Front driving lights
    Chrome Radiator guard
    Chrome Clutch lifter
    Chrome oil Filler
    Chrome Rear brake cylinder cover
    Quich release Truimph sissy bar with backrest
    Chrome luggage rack (remove rear seat to make solo only)
    Chrome billet petrol cap
    Chrome lower drive belt guard
    12v Aux socket
    Chrome clutch/Alt casings
    Chrome speedo surround
    leather(ish) tool roll
    Truimph tear drop chrome mirrors

There will no doubt be things that I have forgotten but I also have standard exhausts and a brand new set of belt guards which I was going to chrome but never got around to it.

The bike is in excellent condition and based in Wakefield.
    Any thoughts about the asking price would be greatly appreciated as I know that if I took it along to the stealers then the full potential of this bike would not be reflected in the price offered.

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Adrian,
    Look forward to the photographs as I'm sure that will get your buyers ticking ;)

Do you get out to Squires much? And what you hoping to get next once your current predicament is resolved?

3. Adrian Braithwaite

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    Hi Eldon
    I used to get to Sherburn quite a lot as I am a bike instructor but I did not go as much as I used to even before lockdown as I was getting tired of the idiots.
    I have a Beemer XR1000 which is my day to day bike usually and I have only put around a thousand miles on the T Bird since I got it due to workload and the back injury which I know is disgraceful but I will get by with the Beemer once I get riding regularly again.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Adrian Braithwaite

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    Thanks guys for the replies and PM's.
    It would appear that £7250 with all the farces left on is a reasonable starting point so I will get some photo's taken and make a listing.

• Like Like x 1