"thunder In The Glens" Friday 23rd August To Sunday 25th

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Aug 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    Just finished work, going to get changed and get the train from Inverness to Aviemore. Hoping it stays dry this afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Have fun! forcast is looking ok for today,tommorow is supposed to Scorcheo:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #4 Sprinter, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    How did I miss this thread.
    I went today and joined the ride out took a couple of hours to do the full run.
    Brilliant, and the reception from the locals was best.
    Ive got things to do tomorrow so it just a visit.Next year I may make a weekend of it.

Edit.

I took a run up to walk around Aviemore today, for Thunder in the Glens. I arrived just in time to come up behind my old boss on his Rocket, stood and had a chat as the ride out started to pass by then we both joined in.

We ended up doing some 40 mile ride out up past Lochindorb back to Grantown on Spey, around by Nethy-bridge and as the rest went back to Aviemore, I struck off to get home for the dog, 185 mile day, and so many bike on the roads to and from.

The most surprising thing was how many people are out to wave and smile at the sides of the roads as we pass by, tousands of people two Wedding parties complete with Brides. Fancy dress, old, young, local and holiday makers picnics and BBQ's Grantown was 3 deep on the pavements.

I was about a mile from the start of the parade and if you zoom in on the pictures you can see the bikes went on way out of sight, about 2 miles behind.

On my way there.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Part of the run. [​IMG][​IMG]

In the second last pic you will clearly see @andyc1 has got a wife, and bought a Harley, since the GMU, "Good luck to you."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    Just about to head home from this, what a brilliant weekend. Some amazing bikes and no hassles all weekend. Plenty of pictures taken and I will get pictures posted. Of all the bikes here the most stunning and unfortunately not a picture taken was a motto guzzi brutale, just a beautiful bike. Aggressive but sexy at the same time (a bit like me I suppose)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sandalfarm

Sandalfarm New Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Scottish highlands
    We live in grantown and it's one of the highlights of the year, it's a sleepy town , next year must get the van to aviemore and park up and enjoy

• Like Like x 1