Thruxton Thruxton Sold

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rudeboy, Jul 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    So my Thruxton is sold only kept her for a year after the Bonneville and only covered 500 miles not too depressed really as there will be another bike,I had my reasons for selling the Covid thing didnt help either having a 5K ornament gathering dust in the garage to me bikes are a hobby i like doing them up and tinkering with them but mainly the comfort i just did not feel good on it at 6ft 1in tall tried altering bar height and stuff but after a run it felt like id just got off an R1 owned when 30 years old nearly 25 years ago now,
    Anyhow folks the good news is i aint leaving the asylum and hoping to get another machine possibly a Tiger style bike for more comfort,
    Ride safe,
    Nick,

Heres the latest last pic of the Thruxton and for a laugh one that my wife really does not like only did it for a laugh,

Thruxton.jpg nomorebikes.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is always sad when you sell a bike, but the anticipation of another bike and the search for it is so much fun you will soon forget about the thruxton... ;);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    TRAITOR!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Update still a Trumpet owner picking up a vintage Tiger 955i tomorrow so its over to the all new Tiger section :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice one. Tiger is a cracking bike, enjoy.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Lovely bike Rudeboy, the 955i. Started my love affair with tigers on one.

Bought a second one when I wrote off the first. Next up a tiger 1050 and finally an 800 after I broke my hip.

Chalk and cheese, the riding positions, Thruxton to Tiger.

Enjoy mate.

• Like Like x 4