Thruxton Rs Roadtest

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by JULIAN WW, Feb 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JULIAN WW

JULIAN WW Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2019
    carlton in lindrick
    Motorcycle Sport & Leisure - March edition is now on the shelves and its headline feature is the Thruxton RS road test. The Algarve again, so just like a ride over the Hardknot Pass in the Lakes, but hey-ho. I'm sure that those interested will glean some useful data and those of us with a current TTR will realise it is really old & slow now. The train spotter in me did have a little giggle at the inset piece on the history of the Thruxton name used on Bonnevilles - together with a picture of a Trident!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It is great that triumph are releasing upgraded veersions of the thruxton, but I do wonder how much real improvement in performance the average rider will feel/see on the newer iterations of the bike?

3. JULIAN WW

JULIAN WW Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2019
    carlton in lindrick
    I agree with you. But it is the natural course of things to eek out another few horses of power and make some minor tweaks to continue a model's life to entice us to buy more. I am happy to admit that I do not have sufficient talent or lack of self preservation, to crave more power when sharing our badly worn roads with Mrs Dopey and Mr Very-Aggressive. If a 100 mph lap of the IOM was first achieved with 50 horses and brakes to match, and I don't want to wheely or power slide down our cul-de-sac then the marketing types & road testers can only amuse me. Not to disrespect those younger & more able to use it and crave more, more, more!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Like you I don't have the ability to use the current performance of either of my bikes. I agree that it is natural progression and peeps will always look for the few extra bits of power and the manufacturers will expliot that desire.