Thruxton Thruxton R Levers

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by drinky, Jul 29, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    If anyone is after levers for their R I can recommend these, got them from fleebay for a tad under £50, were posted same day and arrived two days later. The quality is very good and the etching really sets them off. As with Pazzo's you have to knock out the bushes on the Brembo lever to release the little plunger and you also need to use the bush from the clutch lever but its a 10 minute job to fit both.

Ignore the masking tape on the second pic I'm just deciding if I like the look of the tank pads.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    I'm thinkingof junking the oe mirrors as I've seen a Thruxton with tidy smaller mirrors .

3. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    I love mine, I can see everyhing behind me. Mind you I've just come from 10 years of Ducati's so all I'd seen was my elbows and even they were shaking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Me too, don't need mirrors lol I know what my elbows look like

5. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Drinky - So have you decided to keep and install the tank pads?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luegolover

Luegolover Member

Apr 5, 2016
    London
    Why did you change the levers?

7. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    Because I'm a bit OCD and like symmetry and having two odd levers was niggling me.

8. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    The pads were a mates, who had them in his garage, not specificlly for the Thruxton so they didn't really fit the shape of the tank cut outs. Might get a pair of the Thruxton one though as I do like them.

9. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Drinky, only just seen these, I like, do they do any different colours?

10. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
  11. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I presume the levers are the same as something like a Speed Triple which would give you more choice ?

Black levers always look good and prefer the thicker brake lever than standard..

12. drinky

drinky Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Newbury
    As long as the Speed Triple has a Brembo set up.

13. Black R

Black R Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Ashbourne South Australia
    #13 Black R, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Nice levers Drinky,

I also didn't like having different levers on each side and went with some folding extendables.

I used a 60mm long 6mm full length threaded screw with a countersunk head that wouldn't quite go through the sleeve insert. I slipped a hex socket on the other side (that the sleeve would go through) then a washer and a 6mm nut. Then I wound the sleeve out of the lever.
    Almost lost the tiny spring.

DSC05857.JPG

14. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Bought the same ones as Drinky. I've not been known for my patience but I can't get the flippin bushes out of the brembo lever to release the plunger.....any tips ?

Also do you need to slacken the clutch cable or leave as is ?

10 minute job has already resulted in a lot of swearing, good job the wife's not home !!

15. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I've had a big problem with these levers from jaybeebikerbits.

I decided to take the bike with the levers down to my local triumph dealer as had concerns with the fitment. After about 10 minutes they confirmed they couldn't get the pivot holes to line up and were having to push the lever in more therefore pushing the plunge pin in further. We, they messed about for a while adjusting the plunger then took it for a test ride and after 500 yards down the road the front brakes locked on.

I know members on here have bought these levers and jaybee sell thousands but the ones I bought clearly had been machined incorrectly. The guy at the dealer said they had a few doing the same thing albeit on other bike manufacturers.

I, and the dealer agreed for the money they seem excellent value and look good quality but my concern is for someone without experience or knowledge in fitting levers could end up in serious shit !!

16. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK

17. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Hi Pottsy - I sent the levers back to Jaybee yesterday and they replied today. They checked my levers and said they were no different to the others in stock, it was only my brake lever that I had a problem with which, after all is a standard brembo lever fitted to Ducati's and many more.

No idea why they didn't fit my bike, unexplained ?

I have no concerns with Jaybee, they have excellent feedback and sell thousands of levers, they've refunded my money. I would have preferred another set tbh which would fit as they are good levers for the price.

I might try the LSL ones but they're 4 times the price...

18. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ok, yes they have replied to the other half and said a refund after Christmas will be fine if they don't fit. Can,t understand why yours did not fit and Drinkys did. like you said they won,t be fitting loads of models if they don,t line up.

19. Jason Sobell

Jason Sobell New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Melbourne, Australia
    I bought as set of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252523729537
    They are shorties, but since I use my middle two fingers I should probably have bought standard length.
    Having said that, they are a perfect fit, and at $32.70 a pair they are excellent value.

20. Lcm7lee

Lcm7lee Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Peterborough
    IMG_3644.JPG IMG_3644.JPG I have the same levers and had no problem with mine.

The triumph is a nice little touch on cheap levers.