Thruxton Abba Stand

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Creaky, Feb 28, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted but this was a bit of a discovery that I thought I should share.

I have an Abba workshop stand that I bought for my previous SV650. When I looked on the Abba website to see if adapters were available for the Thruxton I was disappointed to find that none were listed. Before selling the stand I rang Abba to double check and discovered that the stand can be used by pulling off the nearside dust cover from the swing arm nut and removing the sprocket cover (5 bolts) on the offside. This exposes the opposite side of the swing arm and enables the stand to be used in the normal way with one of their standard adapter sets.

To lift the front I use a small scissor jack with a custom made timber top wrapped in pipe insulation to sit below the frame rails. This set up gets both wheels off the floor in a controlled manner and gives much better access for cleaning, etc. I set it all up today and it worked a treat and gave me chance to oil the chain and clean out the sprocket cover.

The kit Abba supplied is (52) for Triumph Street Triple/R (10 onwards) (2014)

As I say, apologies if this is already known but saved me getting rid of my Abba stand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Be interested to see a photo if you have one as this sounds a good idea and much less faffing

3. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Thanks for the detail Half Ton. Neat job there! What did you cut the cover with and did the lacquer finish break away?

4. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Impressive work all by hand. Going to look at mine and maybe take your tip of getting hold of one off eBay. Thanks again for the detail.