Thruxton Thruxton 900

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Neil Gunn, Apr 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil Gunn

Neil Gunn Member

Mar 29, 2019
    scotland
    Hi guys I would like to get slightly louder pipes for my bike, any recomendations?? I had Scorpions on an Enfield Interceptor and they were awsome..

2. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Have you checked out any of the TEC bits...? Good quality and not too expensive!

3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Removing the cat will give you a nice growl and is cheaper than new pipes. :p If you still want louder you can open the baffles :cool:

4. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    I just kept an eye out on fleabay until something in my price range came up. I ended up with arrows 2-1 which is apparently identical to one of the TEC systems... In my opinion 2-2 systems sound better but budget was my deciding factor.. It depends on whether you want new or second hand.
    Also there is less available for the 900 now as some after market manufacturers have stopped producing systems now it has been replaced by the 1200.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Neil Gunn

Neil Gunn Member

Mar 29, 2019
    scotland
    Cheers lads...

6. FarkyNell

FarkyNell Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    manchester
    I've got twin Arrows on mine, A bit louder with baffles in and really nice and fruity with them out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I’ve got the TEC 2-1 pipes with a short baffle, sounds alright to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    Short TEC baffle in arrows 2-1 sounds the best compromise to me too. It is how I run mine now.