Featured Thruxton 900 Efi For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by johne, May 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I'm selling my Thruxty. It was first reg in Dec 2011, has covered just over 12,000 miles and has full service history. I know everyone says this, but it is in great condition. I've flipped the ace bars over to give a more upright riding position, but they can easily be put back to standard if you prefer the more prone position. The rear rack prevents the fitting of the single seat hump, but I do have that safely tucked away in a cupboard and its unmarked, thruxty1.jpg so if you remove the rack you can easily refit the hump. I have a small Puig flyscreen fitted which does help with wind buffeting at speed. The bike is fitted with the Cone Engineering TP silencers which give the engine the roar it always should have had and a previous owner has removed the air injection set up. I've also fitted a pair of Hagon rear shocks. I'll give the originals to the new owner too. Other than that its pretty standard. I've fitted Oxford Heated grips and you can see the small fenda extender on the front guard which helps keep crap off the front of the motor.

I had the MOT renewed just before lockdown so it expires in early April 2021.

The bike runs perfectly and is a joy to ride.

I have all the keys and handbooks, pm me if you are interested.

£4750 ovno.

Thanks for looking

• Like Like x 8
  2. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    I’m on the wring side of the pond but would love to find one of these!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Sugartown Cabaret
    Say it isnt so, another Thrux9 leaving the forum. :sob:

Bump for a great bike however.

4. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Nice ride. Seems to be a fair price, by USA standards, and exchange. Buying something different, or...

• Like Like x 1
  5. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    Thanks guys. The only reason I'm looking to sell is because I fancy a 1200. The 900 is perfectly adequate for the use I put it to so I'm not in any rush to sell it. If it goes it goes. If not I'll happily keep it, so it might not be leaving the fold just yet MyEvilTwin. ;)

I've listed it on a classified ad on Ebay last night. It should be easy enough to find if anyone is interested. The Ebay ad shows the bike without the rack and with the OE silencers. Forum members here would get the TPs and the rack in with any purchase deal.

• Like Like x 3
  6. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    I'm still hankering after a Thruxton 1200S, so as we move into September I've decided to try my luck with my Thruxton again as a sort of end of season sale as it were. Mention the word sale and everyone wants a bargain, so I've dropped my asking price to £4500. The bike itself hasn't changed except I've put a new rear tyre on a few weeks ago and the mileage is just over 13,000 now. As before, if anyone has a genuine interest, pm me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

• Like Like x 1