Thruxton 1200 Tyre Size

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Tricolore, Jun 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    I noticed at the bike shed show last week a few 1200’s had a 180/55 rear tyre, the swing arm didn’t look any different to standard. Is that possible without any modifications ?

2. Cafe Racer

Cafe Racer Member

May 30, 2018
    UK
  3. Cafe Racer

Cafe Racer Member

May 30, 2018
    UK
  4. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Thanks - Theres not much space with the standard tyre size so was thinking they’re must be some modification.

5. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Pulled the trigger today on changing the tyres to Metzeler Roadtec 01s on my Thruxton R. They get fitted next Saturday. All the reviews I have read have been really positive, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform compared to the original Rossa Corsas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nick HM

Nick HM New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Bath, UK
    So - what's the verdict? Do they work as well on the R?

7. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I'm extremely pleased with these tyres. They inspired confidence immediately from the start and have been excellent in all weather conditions. The only thing I can't verify yet is how long lasting they are, but so far, I can thoroughly recommend these tyres and they suit the Thruxton R very well.

8. Nick HM

Nick HM New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Bath, UK
    Thanks, Wassers. I'm just looking around at the moment, so this is great information. Much appreciated :)

9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I must be honest I’ve not found any tyres since about 2005 to be bad